1. After the restoration and re-usage of the former National Taiwan Science Center, this old building, now as National Taiwan Craft Research and Development Institute, Taipei Branch, was bestowed upon new ambience and mission. For cultural consideration, the reopening let the public know more about the old building’s architectural features and historical significances. For economic profits, the old architecture is preserved and it regains new life to generate different possibilities.
2. Besides exhibiting the latest Taiwan’s and international trends in contemporary craft design and knowledge inside, but Taipei Branch carries with the mission of developing Taiwan contemporary craft, fostering the future craft stars, marketing and promoting Taiwan designers’ craft products.
3. Taipei Branch aims to build up a platform for foreign and domestic crafts designer, future craft stars and the customers to interact, which tries to further inspire craftsmen’s technical development, enhance their design abilities and help them communicating with the market reactions.
4. As an information exchange center for the craft, design and cultural and creative industries, Taipei Branch devotes to accumulating helpful resources and promoting cross-border development or cooperation.
5. Taipei Branch introduces mature craft brands, demonstrates Taiwan’s excellent crafts and design for the public, offers related crafts information, hopes to become a leading marketing channel for Taiwan Crafts and design industries, and also activates as the window to present variously significant Taiwan crafts to the international visitors.
6. Expecting that the public, through personal contact, experience and consumption, will come to use the design elements and concepts of beauty in their lives, to create an even better living environment, to make further understanding of the development of local Taiwanese and international modern crafts, and they could experience and learn the true spirit of craft skills and craftsmen.
7. Connect with other public organizations or museums surrounded, Taipei Branch periodically plans thematic activities such as outdoor craft market, community craft exhibits, or crafts SHOW party to represent the glamour of Nanhai Academy and wishes to become a highlight for the public to visit.